Shared Values and Focus
Employment with Onepoint is dependent upon a demonstration of shared values and significant experience in one or more of:Enterprise Architecture, Data Integration & Management and Analytics.
We have current vacancies at present.
Java Developers / Data Engineers – No Agencies Please.
One Point Consulting Ltd, London Based.
An opportunity has arisen for a number of passionate Java Software Developers (Mid to Senior) who love solving data problems to work for Onepoint in Wembley, London. You will be joining a team that has been at the cutting edge of open source based solutions. You’ll be working on challenging and high profile projects using Java and data integration products especially Talend, with some of the most creative technologists in the industry. With various other partnerships with Adobe, Confluent, RapidMiner, Hadoop vendors we aim to be a leader in the Digital and Data Management solutions space. This organisation offers a family like environment, international opportunities, freedom to flourish and an autonomous style of working.
Our reputation in the industry is second to none in the area of Enterprise Architecture & Open Source based Solutions. As a member of a very bright technology team you will have strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining innovative solutions using Java based tools and technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level.
- Passion for software development and working with data.
- Focus on technical career path.
- English – Fluent written and spoken.
- High standard of verbal and written communication.
- Good analytical skills.
- Flexible, can-do and self-starter who loves and thrives on new technologies, capable of taking and completing tasks on their own.
- Mobility required with international working options as well.
- Proven and demonstrable track record in Java.
- Proficient with SQL.
- Exposure to Java based frameworks.
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum development approaches.
- Good understanding of XSLT and XML schema.
- Good understanding of XPath and regular expressions.
- Experienced with the major Java build tools, like e.g. Maven, Gradle.
- Experience with the major Java IDEs: Eclipse, Netbeans or IDEA.
- Understanding of data management practices (data modelling, (de)normalisation, hierarchical data structures etc).
- Exposure to data management and integration especially ETL, ESB, MDM, Data Quality and Data Profiling.
- UK work permit.
- Exposure to test automation including use of Selenium.
- Knowledge about Hadoop ecosystem is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Talend or other Data Management / Integration solutions is beneficial.
- Basic knowledge of functional programing and Scala.
- Exposure to Data Science.
- Exposure to variety of database management systems (i.e. MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Mongo etc).
- Exposure to search frameworks (i.e. Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene).
- Basic understanding of infrastructure design and its influence on performance.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Apache Camel framework.
Company Description – One Point Consulting
One Point Consulting (new-www.onepointltd.com) was established in 2005 as a specialist consultancy providing services around ICT strategy, enterprise architecture, and open source based systems integration. We provide consultancy and implementation services in a number of areas:
- Technology and ICT strategy.
- Enterprise architecture: review, definition and implementation.
- Use of open source software and provide consulting and implementation services especially in Data Management and Data Analytics including Big & Fast Data, Data Quality, Master Data Management
- Digital Marketing Solutions.
The core team consists of individuals with over 25 years’ experience of working with Corporations and SMEs:
- The team has experience of working for leading systems integration and Big 5 consultancies including Logica CMG, Andersen and Deloitte.
- The team has global experience of working for FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 clients in Media, Telco, Finance, Life Sciences, Legal, Pharmaceuticals, Automotive, Travel, Hospitality as well as Local and Central Government.
Unlike other consultancies, the core team has worked together for many years.
One Point’s clients outside of the charity and non-profits include SITA.AERO, Travis Perkins, UK Broadband, EurotaxGlass’s, Tesco Telecom, Belron, Eircom, Carphone Warehouse, AOL Broadband, Reliance Jio, Kurtosys, Network Rail Telecom and TUI.
Through our sister company OSSCube UK Ltd (www.osscube.co.uk) we deliver open source solutions to clients worldwide. Recruited candidates will work across all our businesses.
Application Process – Closing Date 12/12/16
Send your CV to email@example.com with the following information:
- Please confirm your work permit status to work in UK.
- What is your motivation and reason for seeking a job change and why do you feel we may be a good fit for you?
- How many years of Java coding experience do you have?
- What is your experience in areas of database management and data science?
- What is your experience in areas of integration?
- How do you see your career developing in the next few years? What is your ambition?
- What technologies are you currently experimenting with?
- What is your notice period?
- What is your salary expectations?