Logstash is most popular open source logging tools which allow you take logs and other time-based event data from a multitude of sources and store it, centralised it for additional transformation and processing. It will scrub your logs and parse all data sources into an easy to read JSON format. ELK stack is when Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, are used together.
Use Cases for Logstash
Giving brands a competitive edge by real-time market analysis.
Helping in your credit score financial credit and risk analysis system.
Allows businesses to report on user activity in CRM quickly.
Log analysis to ensure systems are functioning for research and journalism.
Driving revenue through increased marketing conversion rates.
Increasing positive customer interactions.
Tackling Security Logs with the ELK Stack for web browsers and other application.
Improving global scientific research and collaboration.
Providing Messaging Analytics for the online industry.
Grid monitoring in scientific projects with elastic stack.
Identifying digital influencers to boost marketing campaigns.
Converting social sentiments into business insight.
Key Benefits of Logstash
An open source server-side data processing platform that ingests data from a multitude of sources at the same time transforms it, and then sends it to Elasticsearch stash.
- Ingest data of all shape size and multitude of sources
- Concentrate, Transform and stash data
- Transform Data On the Fly
- Choosing Stash, Transport Data
- Create and Configure Pipeline as required
- Secure and Monitor It
- One of the most popular open source logging solution
- Its fast and lets users get up and running just in minutes
Features of Logstash
Data is often spread across many systems in multiple formats. Logstash supports a variety of inputs that pull in events from a multitude of similar sources, simultaneously. Ease to ingest from logs, metrics, web applications, data stores, and various cloud services, all in continuous, streaming fashion.
Filters parse all event, identify named fields to build a structure, and change them to converge on a standard format for easier, accelerated analysis and business value.
Logstash dynamically converts and prepare your data regardless of format or complexity
Relax overall processing independent of the data source, format, or schema.
provides countless possibilities with a rich library of filters.
Although Elasticsearch is our go-to output that opens up a world of search and analytics possibilities, it’s not the only one available; it has a variety of outputs that let you route data where you want, giving the flexibility to unlock a heap of downstream use cases.
Logstash features over 200 plugins with a pluggable framework. Mix, match, and orchestrate different inputs, filters, and outputs to work in accord.
While Ingesting from a custom application and you don’t see a plugin which you need, in the case Logstash provides an ease to build plugins with an excellent API for plugin development and a plugin generator and helps you to start and share your creations as well.
SECURITY & MONITORING
Whether you’re running any number of Logstash instances, we’ve made it possible to secure and keep a pulse on the standing of your ingest pipelines from end to end.
Incoming data from Beats along with other inputs can be encrypted over the wire, and there’s full integration with secured Elasticsearch clusters.
Logstash has a monitoring API which unlocks visibility of the overall pipeline health and performance.
- Logstash is an open source dynamic data collection, parsing, and storing logs to use in the future tool. With an extensive ecosystem and high elastic search synergy.
- Apache 2, Apache Lucene, JSON, Java API, RESTful API.
- Logstash v5.0.0
Our Logstash consulting services
- Software Lifecycle Management / Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- POC (proof of concept)
Organisations using Logstash
- FICO https://www.elastic.co/elasticon/2015/sf/behind-your-credit-score-fico-financial-credit-and-risk-analysis-system
- Salesforce https://www.elastic.co/elasticon/conf/2016/sf/users-we-know-them-the-elf-at-salesforce-com
- Thomson Reuters https://www.elastic.co/elasticon/conf/2016/sf/thomson-reuters-research-journalism-finance-and-elastic
- Cern https://www.elastic.co/elasticon/conf/2016/sf/grid-monitoring-at-cern-with-the-elastic-stack
- Mozilla https://www.elastic.co/elasticon/2015/sf/tackling-security-logs-with-the-elk-stack
- Influence Health https://www.elastic.co/use-cases/influence-health
- Gaurdian https://www.elastic.co/use-cases/guardian
- Jobrapido https://www.elastic.co/videos/how-jobrapido-leverages-elastic-support