We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), We are the data controller. Our address is set out above. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number 5516457. You can see our registration by visiting https://ico.org.uk (please note, this is an external website run by the Information Commissioner’s Office, for which We have no responsibility).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by signing up to our mailing list; posting material on our site, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, or any other information you choose to give us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Geolocation data for purposes of offering relevant content, including content from nearby member stations. Geolocation data consists of general location information based on latitude and longitude (if the user has enabled location services for an application on the user’s mobile device), or based on the IP address of the user’s computer or mobile device.
- Information about your visit (which we may obtain from Google Analytics), including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from any third parties that we work with if you have provided your information to them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- Where you have signed up to our mailing list, to send you specific information about events that may be of interest to you, based upon your preferences indicated at the point of signing up.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information that you request from us.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.