Software Engineer Apprentice
An opportunity to work with some of the most senior IT professionals in the industry.
An opportunity has arisen for bright and enthusiastic A Level graduate to work with some of the most senior IT professionals in the industry. You’ll get first-hand experience working on challenging and high profile projects using Java and data integration tools with some of the most creative technologists in the industry.
£16,000.00 – £18,000.00
Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Jan 2019
25 Oct 2018
Degree Level Apprenticeship
An opportunity has arisen for bright and enthusiastic A Level graduate to work with some of the most senior IT professionals in the industry.
Do you love solving data and analytical problems?
You’ll get first-hand experience working on challenging and high profile projects using Java and data integration tools with some of the most creative technologists in the industry. We offer a family like environment, freedom to flourish and an autonomous style of working with expert mentoring.
As a member of a very bright technology team we will encourage you to have strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will get practical experience on designing, developing, deploying and maintaining innovative solutions using Java based tools and technologies.
Requirements and prospects
- Exposure to programming
- Passion for software development and working with data
- Good analytical skills
- Focus on technical career path
- English – fluent written and spoken
- High standard of verbal and written communication
- Flexible, can-do and self-starter who loves and thrives on new technologies, capable of taking and completing tasks on their own
- Attention to detail
- Work with a range of stakeholders
- Work independently and in a team
The possibility of a full time post upon completing the apprenticeship.
A levels (level 3), normally in a minimum of two subjects, plus A*-C or 9-4 GCSE qualifications (Level 2) in English and maths. Applicants with no formal qualifications will also be considered on an individual basis.
Before taking their end-point assessment, all apprentices on apprenticeships at level 3 and above must achieve Level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C or 4-9). The apprentice can take these qualifications at the university while on the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Onepoint Consulting (www.onepointltd.com) was established in 2005 as a specialist consultancy providing services around ICT strategy, enterprise architecture, and open source based systems integration. We provide consultancy and implementation services in a number of areas:
- Technology and ICT strategy
- Enterprise architecture: review, definition and implementation
- Use of open source software and provide consulting and implementation services especially in Data Management and Data Analytics including Big & Fast Data, Data Quality, Master Data Management
- Digital Marketing Solutions
The core team consists of individuals with over 25 years’ experience of working with Corporations and SMEs:
- The team has experience of working for leading systems integration and Big 5 consultancies including Logica CMG, Andersen and Deloitte
- The team has global experience of working for FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 clients in Media, Telco, Finance, Life Sciences, Legal, Pharmaceuticals, Automotive, Travel, Hospitality as well as Local and Central Government
Unlike other consultancies, the core team has worked together for many years.
Onepoint’s clients outside of the charity and non-profits include SITA.AERO, Travis Perkins, UK Broadband, EurotaxGlass’s, Tesco Telecom, Belron, Eircom, Carphone Warehouse, AOL Broadband, Reliance Jio, Kurtosys, Network Rail Telecom, TUI Group, National Grid, Google and Flight Centre.
- To complete a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Professional degree
- To attend Training at Training Provider at various intervals as determined by the Company, throughout the Apprenticeship
- To undertake On Job Training (OJT) as determined by the L&D issued syllabus and his/her Line Manager in accordance with Company requirements
Digital and technology solutions professional
THE UNIVERSITY OF WEST LONDON
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by University of West London
Janet Rowson 02082312607