Enterprise Architecture Services
“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
– Charles Darwin
Enterprise Architecture and its associated disciplines, by describing the operation of your organisation through a set of inter-related artifacts, helps you better understand its complex structure with a view to more efficiently achieving your current and future objectives. It provides the knowledge and agility to optimally plan every business change and react to market opportunity and challenge.
By adopting a simple and pragmatic approach to Enterprise Architecture (EA) that’s right for you, we’ll help your organisation benefit from:
- Greater agility.
- Operational efficiency.
- Informed business change.
- Aligned business and IT functions.
- Improved interoperability, standardisation and integration.
- Faster speed to market.
- Reduced costs.
- Secure and compliant technology.
- Reduced technical risk.
Our architecture services
Enterprise Architecture (EA) combines the expertise of business, system, data, technology and solution architects with a structured methodology to develop a set of prioritised, aligned initiatives and a roadmap to guide you towards where you want to be. We offer the following catalogue of Enterprise Architecture services.
Set up Architecture Services (EA) capability
Like any other business capability, Enterprise Architecture (EA) capability requires process (methodology), people (architects) and systems (EA Management tools), effectively coordinated to enable you to maximise the value of investments, pro-actively identify opportunities to gain business benefits, and manage risk.
Onepoint can work with you to:
- Select and tailor TOGAF, an open-source methodology for developing Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Set up and facilitate a cross functional architecture board to govern Enterprise Architecture (EA) strategy.
- Set up and facilitate architecture compliance reviews.
- Conduct an architecture maturity assessment and enable you to reach your targeted maturity level.
- Use an architecture skills framework to shape an architecture team tailored to your needs.
- Review and select an Enterprise Architecture (EA) management tool to enable collaboration, communication and control of Enterprise Architecture (EA) artifacts.
- Adopt an architecture definition language such as Archimate to model process, functions, systems and technology.
According to the Open Management Group, Business Architecture defines the structure of an enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information, enabling you to align strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services, partners and suppliers, organisation capabilities and key initiatives.
Our Business Architecture teams use a capability driven approach to:
- Understand root causes behind complex business challenges.
- Build strategies with a clear view of business impacts.
- Drive coherent business and IT transformation strategies.
System Architecture defines the structure, behaviour and other views of the systems used to support an enterprise.
Our System Architecture teams use a structured approach to:
- Model enterprise systems, their behaviour, key components, cost to operate and maintain, reliability and other important system views.
- Review current system architecture, identify system gaps, recommend strategies for improvement and produce roadmaps to implement change.
- Rationalise application portfolios based on value provided by each application.
- Govern and operate a selection process with a view to buying systems to support business needs.
- Recommend and govern an effective integration approach supporting minimal dependency and increased reusability between systems.
- Execute Proofs of Concept to assess emerging technologies and help with decisions on complex technology adoptions.
Effective data management ensures accurate and relevant data, and hence valuable information on which business decisions should be based.
Our Data Architecture teams use standard approaches such as DMBOK and MIKE to:
- Create a model of data entities to understand data flows, data storage, data quality and data gaps.
- Set up and facilitate governance of data.
- Define strategy for data ingestion, validation, processing, storage and analysis.
- Produce a roadmap to implement defined data strategy.
- Help with navigation through confusing and complex data management technologies.
Technology and solution architecture
Solution Architecture is a practice that leverages Enterprise Architecture artifacts to define implementable solutions to meet business goals and needs.
Our experienced team of Solution Architects will help you to:
- Understand business needs and combine appropriate technologies to achieve a solution to your business problems.
- Document proposed solutions from different viewpoints depending on stakeholder concerns.
- Govern the implementation of the chosen solution.
- Execute PoCs to assess solution viability and mitigate risk.
- Evaluate new technologies with a view to separating hype from reality.
Maturity you can trust
We have 25 years’ experience in the field of enterprise and solution architecture. We offer independent, pragmatic and practical advice, support and leadership in applying best Architecture Services (EA) practice, methods and frameworks to your organisation.
Expertise at every level
We provide expertise at the enterprise, domain and solution architecture levels, assisting with initiatives at enterprise, programme or project level as required.
Iterative and value based
Our approach to architecture is based on eliciting and clarifying stakeholder concerns, quantifying problems and working iteratively so that value is delivered as soon as possible.
Support or leadership – it’s up to you
You can engage us to provide support, complementing your team during peak periods of demand. Alternatively, you might like to engage us in a leadership role, where we use our skill and expertise to drive your Enterprise Architecture (EA) project.