A workplace that puts trust and wellbeing first.
Many of Onepoint’s team members have been here since day one. We work hard to foster an environment of trust, equality and vision. We like people to progress – they’re our greatest asset.
At Onepoint we don’t believe in hierarchies. We think all team members’ contributions are valuable and valid. When it comes to business matters, we want everyone in the office to contribute. From the intern to the CEO, Onepoint is a level playing field, a constant collaboration of opinion and creativity.
Onepoint currently has vacancies, both in London, UK and in Delhi, India. So we’d love to hear from you, especially if you have experience in Talend, Databases (SQL and NoSQL) and Cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP).
If you’re ready for a new kind of workplace that puts people and their wellbeing first; if you’re passionate about the possibilities of data and technology, then send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (No agencies please).
Data Engineers (mid-level to senior) – No Agencies
An opportunity has arisen for a number of passionate Data Engineers who love solving data problems to work for Onepoint in Pune, India. You will be joining a team that has been at the cutting edge of open source based solutions. You’ll be working on challenging and high profile projects using data integration products especially Talend, with some of the most creative technologists in the industry. With various partnerships with Talend, Snowflake, Confluent, RapidMiner, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Hadoop vendors we aim to be a leader in the Digital and Data Management solutions space. This organisation offers a family like environment, international opportunities, freedom to flourish and an autonomous style of working.
Our reputation in the industry is second to none in the area of Enterprise Architecture & Open Source based Solutions. As a member of a very bright technology team you will have strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining innovative solutions using data management technologies especially around the Talend ecosystem.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Passion for software development and working with data.
- Focus on technical career path.
- English – Fluent written and spoken.
- High standard of verbal and written communication.
- Good analytical skills.
- Flexible, can-do and self-starter who loves and thrives on new technologies, capable of taking and completing tasks on their own.
- Mobility required with international working options as well.
- Proven and demonstrable track record in Talend or other well know data integration solutions.
- Exposure to SQL.
- Understanding of XSLT and XML schema.
- Understanding of XPath and regular expressions.
- Understanding of data management practices (data modelling, (de)normalisation, hierarchical data structures etc.).
- Exposure to variety of database management systems (i.e. MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Mongo etc.).
- Exposure to search frameworks (i.e. Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Apache Camel framework.
- Exposure to data management and integration especially ETL, ESB, MDM, Data Quality and Data Profiling.
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum development approaches.
- Exposure to test automation including use of Selenium.
- Knowledge about Hadoop ecosystem is beneficial.
- Exposure to Data Science.
Main Benefits & Perks
- Training (on the job and products will be provided).
- Flexible working hours within core working hours.
- Actively encouraged in decision making at all levels.
- Open door policy to senior management.
- Assigned mentor for self-development.
- 18 days annual leave.
- Market Salary
Application Process – Closing Date 4/5/18
Send your CV to email@example.com and a covering letter with the following information:
- Job Ref: OPC-DMJD001
- What is your motivation and reason for seeking a job change and why do you feel we may be a good fit for you?
- What is your experience in areas of database management and data science especially in Talend or other well know competitive data integration products?
- What is your experience in areas of integration?
- What coding or scripting experience do you have?
- How do you see your career developing in the next few years? What is your ambition?
- What technologies are you currently experimenting with?
Company Description – One Point Consulting
One Point Consulting (www.onepointltd.com) was established in 2005 as a specialist consultancy providing services around ICT strategy, enterprise architecture, and open source based systems integration. We provide consultancy and implementation services in a number of areas:
- Technology and ICT strategy.
- Enterprise architecture: review, definition and implementation.
- Use of open source software and provide consulting and implementation services especially in Data Management and Data Analytics including Big & Fast Data, Data Quality, Master Data Management
The core team consists of individuals with over 25 years’ experience of working with Corporations and SMEs:
- The team has experience of working for leading systems integration and Big 5 consultancies including Logica CMG, Andersen and Deloitte.
- The team has global experience of working for FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 clients in Media, Telco, Finance, Life Sciences, Legal, Pharmaceuticals, Automotive, Travel, Hospitality as well as Local and Central Government.
Unlike other consultancies, the core team has worked together for many years.
One Point’s clients outside of the charity and non-profits include TUI Group, Carnival, FlightCentre, Google, SITA.AERO, Travis Perkins, UK Broadband, Autovista, Tesco Telecom, Belron, Eircom, Carphone Warehouse, AOL Broadband, Reliance Jio, Kurtosys and Network Rail Telecom.