British Food and Energy Client Case Study
Onepoint helps a leading British food and energy client with Talend integration
A subsidiary of a diversified group of food, ingredients and retail businesses selling into more than 100 countries worldwide and with operations in 47 countries across Europe, southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia.
The client has been in operation since 1936 and reported a group revenue of over £12 billion.
With more than 100,000 employees and headquarters in the UK, our client exports enough electricity to cover 160,000 homes. They have also invested in the UK’s first Bioethanol plant, producing 70 million litres of renewable fuel.
- To reduce the multiple technology systems with one centralised system.
- To foster a strong customer and business relationships with well-informed strategic decision required a high quality of data within the organization.
- To effectively leverage their stored data.
- To support the Master Data Management (MDM) project.
- To provide Talend expertise to the end client via Talend Professional Services.
- To synchronize the supplier master data in a standard manner at the end of the main workflow.
- We installed the Staging and Production Server as the first step of the process. We then orchestrated the initial migration of data from the existing JD Edwards ERP server to the Talend MDM server. Since it was essential to synchronise the data between the two servers, we created multiple Talend Data Integration jobs associated to MDM Triggers.
- In order to import and authenticate users from the Active Directory an MDM based process was created using LDAP. The MDM server was configured to support the integration with Active Directory. This also entailed ensuring that the Bonita Workflows integrated smoothly with the Active Directory. A single point of authentication was set up.
- We also created MDM triggers which updated the main database of suppliers continuously.
The Talend MDM base implementation was completed within time and budget and the initial supplier master data was synchronised.