SITA Aero Case Study
Onepoint helps client set up effective architecture capabilities
Our client is a multinational information technology company providing IT and telecommunication services to the air transport industry. It was founded in February 1949 by 11 airlines in order to bring about shared infrastructure cost efficiency by combining their communications networks.
It differentiates itself in the market by the following value propositions:
- The company provides its services to over 430 members and 2,800 customers worldwide, which is about 90% of the world’s airline business. With 11 European airlines being part of the founding group, our client was the first company to handle data traffic in real time via a packet switched network over common carrier leased lines,
- Presently having 4,700 employees and 2,800 customers, it operates in over 200 countries and territories, handling 30 billion business and mission critical messages for Air Transport, where its customers include airlines, airports, air freight — international freight forwarders, travel and distribution; Global Distribution Systems, governments, aerospace, ground handlers; and Air Traffic Control.
- Its efforts have been recognised by winning the IT company of the year 2016, 2015 and 2013, and the Smart Technology Award, to name but two.
Case Studies Category
IndustryTravel & Logistics
SolutionEA Enabling Solution
Our client was undergoing a significant organisation transformation. In order to compete more effectively and remain the market leader, there was an increased pressure to:
- Reduce cost of transformation by promoting reuse
- Align IT transformation projects to business goals and objectives
- Improve efficiency of project delivery without increasing technology debt
- Use advances in technology to innovate