Travis Perkins Case Study
Onepoint helps Travis Perkins’ transformation programme by modelling its current architecture.
The client, headquartered in Northampton, is a leading company in the builders’ merchant and home improvement markets, and is the UK’s largest product supplier to the building and construction sector. It operates 21 businesses from 1,975 sites across the UK and Ireland, with over 24,000 employees nationwide and a sales revenue of £5,942 million (2015).
It differentiates itself in the market by the following value propositions:
- Use its size to offer competitive pricing to customers
- Use its network of 2,000 branches to conveniently offer products for collection
or delivery to customers anywhere in the UK
- Superior access to the broadest product range and excellent availability
- Excellent relationships with suppliers ensure the Group benefits from product
innovation and keen prices
- Provide excellent customer service
Case Studies Category
IndustryConstruction & Building Material
SolutionEA Enabling Solution
Travis Perkins has embarked on a large-scale business and IT transformation journey with the following vision:
- Replace and/or consolidate its legacy core systems
- Optimise and automate key business processes such as supply chain and
- Consolidate and exploit synergies between processes and systems within
the 21 businesses
- Improve data quality and information flow within and between businesses
- Exploit new digital sales channels such as web and mobile
- Better category management and pricing.
Planning the transformation journey required Travis Perkins to understand and model its business strategy, business capabilities, current processes, current systems and existing information. The production and communication of models required a structured methodology, an Enterprise Architecture Management tool to
collaborate on and populate the architecture repository, and a well understood and accepted architecture repository meta model.